Saturday, 6 August 2016

A Spanner in the Works

Hello Lovely Readers, 

I haven't written a post for a while, but today I found myself inspired. 

For those of you who don't know, 2 months ago I got Glandular Fever, not an uncommon virus but a rather unpleasant and incredibly infuriating one. I had to stop, everything. Which for me isn't easy, I like doing things, I am an active person, not to say I don't enjoy an occasional pyjama day watching TV box sets, but when suddenly I found that was all I had the energy to do, it sucked. I felt trapped, I'd thought being confined to Ashby de la Zouch was bad, now I was restricted to my house. I know I sound dramatic but I've been stuck by myself with too many TV dramas for company, so please excuse me! 

I have a firm belief that everything happens for a reason, I always have and I always will, but this one really stumped me. I know all to well that sometimes you have to wait for hind sight to understand, I'm still waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Not something I do well, not something I like. At all. Patience is something I've continually been challenged in, but never as much as this. When there's nothing to do, nothing to combat it with, nothing to change it. Just wait. Don't fight it. Just wait to get better. It really goes against everything I am, I fight through things, I determine myself to push through, I get up and do as much as I can, travel as far as I can. "Live life to the full" "Carpe Diem" but days flew by and weeks flew by they ran into each other each one as equally insignificant as the one before and the one after it just the same. Again I apologise for the melodramatic, it's just the best explanation. You know when you're trying to fall asleep at night but your mind won't rest, well imagine that all day everyday, starts to send you insane after a while! 

I needed to do something, anything other than just lie in bed watching TV, a friend brought me a colouring book, which was wonderful, it was relaxing and peaceful, and this started me on a creative idea, I moved from colouring to painting, inspired by frequent Pinterest searches, and came up with a design for 3 canvas paintings for our lounge. I've never been much of an artist, if you asked me I'd say I can't draw (see my storyboards for proof) but I found painting to be something that I could create and could say I was proud of.

Today we put them up on the wall, and for the first time I saw something good come out from my being ill, I'm not saying I've found the reason, I'm still waiting on that, maybe it was a time to teach me to wait, maybe there's something more (I hope so, it's a mean teaching method if not).
Anyway, things are looking up, I've started working again, just from home for now, it's a blessing that I have a job, that I enjoy, which I can do from home. And although this is something that I know takes time to heal, hopefully I'll be doing more very soon...


1 comment:

  1. My Roo, I love your art-work and I'm proud of you for the way you've smiled through your illness. Things do happen to us for a reason, so determine to get the most out of this phase of your life, make it work for you.

    ReplyDelete